COVID-19 FAQWhat should I do if my child is sick?
Please keep them at home!
We are doing everything we can to make a safe and fun experience for everyone.
• For snacks, we will only use store-bought, individually sized, pre-
packaged items (e.g., juice boxes, chips/pretzels, fruit snacks, ice cream
• Leaders will encourage and help clubbers to wash hands/use hand
sanitizer frequently throughout the evening
• We will maintain social distancing as much as our space and activities
• We have changed our nightly schedule in Sparks and T&T in order to
eliminate segments of club where it would be difficult to maintain
• To eliminate shared items during handbook time, each clubber will be
given a zip lock baggie with a few pencils and/or crayons to keep with
their Awana materials.
• Classroom tables will be sprayed with sanitizer after each use.
Masks are strongly recommended for all Awana Leaders, Helpers, Clubbers and Parents while inside the church and gym.
Yes. In order to help eliminate large crowds in the church basement at the end of the night, we have changed our sign-out/pick-up procedures for Sparks and T&T (see Parent-Pickup Flier for more details).
AWANA Club FAQIs there a fee for my child to join AWANA?
No. There is no cost to join. Pike GBC has always provided its Awana program (Uniforms, Handbooks, Materials, etc.) free of charge, but there are weekly dues ($1.)
Dues help our church to offset some of the cost of uniforms, handbooks, awards and other materials.
Weekly attendance is highly recommended, but not required.
Although we track attendance, it is NOT necessary for you to inform us if/when your child cannot attend. We understand that things come up, schedules change, people get sick and/or emergencies arise.
All clubbers are required to wear their official uniform (once they get one).
All clubbers are required to wear sneakers.
All clothes should be comfortable play clothes.
Sparks and T&T kids must wear sneakers in the gym for games, and Cubbies also play running games in the church basement.
If other shoes or boots are worn, please send sneakers so that they can change into them for games.
Note: Wearing uniforms provides a sense of belonging and also helps leaders quickly identify clubbers and where they belong.
New clubbers receive uniforms once they attend club for two (2) consecutive weeks and complete any applicable Start Zone (entrance) booklet for their club/year in the program.
At a minimum, their AWANA Handbook and Dues.
They can also bring a bible, but bibles are not required.
Clubbers can also invite and bring their friends to AWANA.
Since young children are easily distracted we ask that clubbers NOT bring items such as:
- Sippy Cups or Water Bottles
- Pokemon or other types of trading cards
- Legos, Matchbox cars or any other small toys or games, or books(e.g. story books, school books)
- Electronic Devices such as iPods, iPad, or similar items
Only if you possess valid Volunteer Clearances.
However, for young children (especially Puggles/Cubbies) we understand they may be uncomfortable staying without mom or dad.
If necessary, parents may stay the first week or so until your child gets acclimated.
However, if a parent needs to stay every week, then Volunteer Clearances are required!
PA State Law requires all volunteers working with children to obtain the following three clearances:
- PA State Police Background Check
- ChildLine Child History Abuse Check
- FBI Fingerprint Check†
†Alternatively, our church has a affidavit you can fill out & sign in lieu of getting fingerprinted.
Please call our church office (749-8721) for more information.
You must give a copy of clearances to the church office before you can stay.
Our church follows the Central Cambria School District’s schedule.
– If Central CLOSES OR DISMISSES EARLY on a Wednesday, AWANA is automatically canceled for that night.
– There is no make up date for canceled club nights.
– If there is ONLY a 2-hour delay, AWANA will still go on as normal.
Use your best judgement for attendance if the weather is questionable where you live.
If your child forgets to bring their handbook to club, we can let them use a loaner book for that night only.
If they forget to wear their uniform, it’s no big deal.
However, no shares will be given to Sparks or T&T when handbooks are forgotten or uniforms are not worn.
If a handbook or uniform is lost:
We will provide a one time only free replacement for a lost AWANA handbook.
Additional lost handbooks would be replaced at a cost to the parent. Handbook prices are as follows:
- Cubbies, Sparks, and T&T Handbooks- $11 plus shipping
- Puggles Coloring and Activity Books- $5 plus shipping
Any lost uniform will be replaced at a cost to the parent. Uniform prices are as follows:
- Puggles, Cubbies, and Sparks uniforms- $11 plus shipping
- T&T uniforms- $17 plus shipping
Any lost uniform patch, pin, or jewel will be replaced at a cost to the parent. Prices vary.